Tuesday, 20 September 2016

A 'Quiet' Tuesday

Well, today I spent some time at the doggy day care canine centre, helping out.........possibly more like playing with the pooches, some may say. Here's a lovable boy who I spent the day with, he's a hairy lump of love! It was hardly job hunting, I know, but there is spare time on my hands so why not, eh?

I applied, sometime last week, to a local Scottish Championship football team to be a match day steward. It was a job advertised through Indeed, so it was an easy process to get my name and CV to them. My CV is already registered with Indeed, so it automatically flies off with the online applications. I had an email today to say that they'd be back in touch to arrange an interview. I'm sure I read that about 70+ people had already applied for this. Must admit I'd quite like to do this job especially as it's unlikely that it'll clash with the traditional Monday to Friday 9 to 5 office type jobs that I'm after - hopefully it'll be for weekends and occasional evenings instead so it's a chance to earn some extra money. Hi-viz jacket at the ready, steel toe cap boots, walkie talkie radio.......sounds like I'm back on the horse yard minus the horse dung but then I've not seen this team play yet!

It hasn't all been kicking tennis balls, picking up doggy poop and cuddling the pooches - Alfie the spaniel trying to sit on me as well as the laptop in an attempt to limit my Facebook (whoops, sorry) online-job-searching time. I was active on the job seeking crusade though, signing up to 'Jobs Today' on the internet. It was from a bookmark to a web site I had set a few weeks ago so I thought I'd give that a go. After the registration (no email verification needed, straight in) I immediately 'found' 1683 admin jobs UK wide, fine tuned this to Scotland and these admin jobs rapidly reduced to 89, fine tuned again to my local area and there was only 6, all about 50 miles away. Great.

Monster have been in touch at 14.57 this afternoon. Another deleted email into the trash can. I sense a trend here. As I type this, at 16.46, Indeed's latest 20+ recommendations have ruffled my inbox as well. I've noticed that there are so many nursing and care worker jobs out there, a truly thankless task for those who work in that line and people who I admire so much because it's a job I just couldn't do at all.

Later - an unexpected email at 17.20 from CV Bank....hmmm, one of their affiliates had forwarded this to them. Jobs Today I reckon, presuming further that I didn't see the small print in their T&C's that this could happen. I promise to ignore any approaches that ask for my mother's maiden name and/or the security code from the back of my bank card because they'll have some other personal information I'd rather wasn't pinging around the internet that's attached to my CV.

No comments:

Post a Comment